10/05/2011

Brick Lane Shoot: Behind the Scenes

Ok, so it wasn't exactly on Brick Lane per se (just a minute walk away) but the location still grasped a real urban atmosphere which I was looking for the shoot. I had a really fabulous team, with a concept that required a lot of preparation beforehand but was totally worth it- as always!

The concept is 'In search for a Woman'- both literally within the city and more psychologically as we search for perfection in fashion imagery. I tried to shoot slightly less 'perfect' with this series, shooting with a more raw, gritty vision (however I'm pretty sure that elements of my slightly refined photographic style will also be apparent!).

It was also an opportunity to experiment with flash as I mainly stick to my tungsten (film lighting) and was the first time I had used flash lighting on location. Keeping an open mind, I am very pleased with the results, however don't plan on giving up my love for tungsten anytime soon...:)

The team consisted of Lauren Eva (Stylist), Natalie James (MUA), Lee @ Mollie Sugden Salon (Hairstylist, also our 'base' for the shoot) and stunning model Andrea Horvath...Extremely helpful assistants John Wood and Karuna Gurung (who also took the 'Behind the Scenes' shots for me and is a really talented, upcoming photographer).

Not sure when I will be able to show you any final shots from the shoot as I'm looking to do some interesting creative retouching and have also submitted the shoot as an editorial for a magazine but will keep updated when possible.

Enjoy the shots. I'm not sure why but everyone noticed that I also tend to pose whilst taking photos..!!













No comments:

Post a Comment