17/12/2010

Renaissance 'Angelic Portrait'

This is the second Renaissance themed Portrait shoot which I've shot since the beginning of my final year  photography assignment. I'm really pleased with the images and love the concept of the Python against the angelic otherworldly beauty (images shown below)...I wouldn't classify myself as the best photoshopper in the world so I get very frustrated sometimes when I want them to look as good as possible! These images in particular require top editing to maintain their painterly aesthetic and fashion edge, especially as they express an element of beauty photography.

Two images are shown below which I have spent a few hours editing and would love to hear some opinions and thoughts as to what you like about them/how they could improve. I'm perfectly happy with my photography in this shoot it's just the post production which sometimes needs revaluating.

I had such a brilliant team for this shoot including Karen Field and Natalie James (Hair and Makeup) and Lorna Redburn modelling who I hope you'll agree suits this look to perfection! One of the models didn't turn up for this shoot so we did both looks on Lorna (although only the 'angelic' look is shown below, the other to come soon!). I'm actually extremely pleased we made this decision as it shows an alter ego like dualism when displayed together which they will be at my exhibition next year. So...more images to come soon once I have further mastered the wonders of photoshop.

Im also having a few issues when uploading images here as they seem to increase contrast and darken so much from how they appear on my computer!




1 comment: