11/12/2010

'Fashion in Motion' Stéphane Rolland @ V&A

Yesterday was the 'Fashion in Motion' catwalk show at the V&A showcasing a collection of Stéphane Rolland's beautiful couture designs. It was definitely my favourite out of the three I have seen at the V&A (the others being Erdem and Kenzo) probably because I looooove couture!

Every dress was carefully constructed with amazing materials and architectural shapes which was perfectly complimented by the MAC makeup artist team working their magic! If I'm totally honest I hadn't heard so much about Stéphane Rolland before but I was blown away by each one of looks down the catwalk. I particularly loved the jewel embellished tights and the sharp shoulder detail which stood out as key trademarks of his work which are sure to be copied soon!

Anyway, a 10/10 show and I wish I could put even more images up here as it was amazing!! I will put them all up on my facebook page (which there is be a link to on the right hand side of my blog)
Oh and the man himself showed his face when the show had finished- he looked like he had stepped out of a L'Oreal advert, his hair was SO glossy!












4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there that night, it was an incredible show!

    Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy :)

    Thank you, I also got your previous comment, please feel free to use any just credit me a if you do!

    That was definitly the most impressive one ive seen at the V&A. Would love to see your pics too, its interesting to see other people's perspectives of the same show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just put up mine at my blog if you'd like to take a look. Before going, I'd looked at some of his previous designs, and I was pretty amazed anyway, but this was incredible. The venue was gorgeous as well; I suppose it's the v&a so it's not going to be shabby, but it was just gorgeous. I was second row so my shots are all from the side - I couldn't get good face-on shots.

    ReplyDelete