29/11/2010

Life is a Cabaret!

On Saturday I went to watch (and photograph of course) the Cabaret show at 'Proud Cabaret' as part of my project looking at the idealism and fantasy conveyed in a classical inspired burlesque show. The show was faabulous and there were so many talented ladies and gents who performed amazing acts! I love how Burlesque is a celebration of the female form yet can also be humorous and down to earth; bringing together an audience from all walks of life. 

Being shown to a massive front row table which was allocated to just myself (which made me feel a tad bit lonely at first as it would have fit about 10 people!) I got my kit out and took photos of the show. I hope to go back soon to photograph the venue too as it is decorated so decadently and beautifully that you are drawn into the fantasy world before the curtains are even drawn, hense the drawn curtains below! It was so different to photographing fashion as I wanted to capture the reality of a Cabaret show without  intense photoshop or alteration. I still feel like I can add so much more to my project so will put the next pics up as soon as Ive gone back for more :)

Here is Proud Cabaret's website- Its well worth a visit: http://www.proudcabaret.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment