14/11/2010

Kenzo V&A Fashion Show






So...I was extremely excited to hear that the V&A were doing another 'Fashion in Motion' and I had to go to see the collection and practise my catwalk photography skills! I love events such as these as you never know when something like this may inspire you in the future (as many have previously)- I enjoy going to fashion, art and photography events to really absorb as much as possible.

I also managed to nab a seat on the front row after mentioning I was a student photographer and all that which was really worth it. I was on the opposite end of the runway to the photographers but I kind of liked that as it offers another perspective. I dont like using flash on the catwalk as there is already amazing available light and loved the linear spotlights which you can see in the selection of my images!

The style was inspired by the combination of Japenese and Sardinian influence and many of the dresses had circular undergarments to really create a sense of dramatic western aristocracy with the contrast of orientalism. I particularly loved the gloves which matched the pattern of the outfits . The bursts of colour worked exceptionally well within the show and kept to the classical Kenzo style. There was bold and bright eyeshadow, gloves and bras for the finalised look contrasted with the dreamlike floral fabric. I wasnt entirely sure of the yellow PVC gloves but hey that may just be me... A great show and it was a nice surprise to see the creative director Anotonio Marras show his face (if somewhat briefly!) at the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment