12/09/2010

Contemporary Renaissance

Ive been doing a lot more research into Renaissance art and recently found some great contemporary inspiration which I will definitely refer to when creating my own images. I now feel I have done enough reading up on the Renaissance era to explain near enough every theme, topics and technique around... I do get a little sidetracked when researching my topics and have recently been looking at the AMAZING art of the Pre-Raphaelites which I will definitely have to experiment with at a later date! So here are the Pics below...enjoy!







So I am now a happy member of the Wokingham AND Bracknell Library (I know what a geek) but there is actually a lot of really interesting art/fashion/photography books in both (although Bracknell library does smell of piss a bit upstairs). Having regularly visited thefashionspot website I have found some really amazing contemporary pics which will certainly inspire me in one way or another -however I will still give my images a personal touch...

I have read and learnt all about the Golden Section, Perspective, Chiaroscuro, Contrapposto (the sculptural posture in art! I know right?), symbology and so on. From looking at this I would like to experiment with the notion of Angels vs Demons;- not in the Dan Brown sense but in a kind of fashionised sexy combined with Innocent way- Not 100% sure yet but will sleep on it. Gonna get back to reading my Audrey Hepburn Biography :) Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment