26/08/2010

"My Favourite Dress"

This is my new dress- I love it because it looks like a contemporary version of a Madeleine Vionnet design! Its not the usual cheapie Jersey material that is now used to produce so many dresses at the moment but is sheer and light with a very 30s style pattern :)

This post is also named 'My Favourite Dress' as there was a book out not so long ago with the same title based on an exhibition in London where famous fashionistas declared their love for their favourite dress! I haven't got round to buying the book yet but to be honest, im more in love with the photograph and location on the front cover (oh to have a location like THAT to use for my own photography!)...



My dress is shown above in a very crappy picture and next to it is my inspiration for buying it! Oh and the dress looks much better on by the way, it had a bit of a 50s feel as its very nipped in at the waist and volumptious with three tiers ...sounds like a wedding cake I know but hopefully doesnt make me look like one! I love love Madeleine Vionnet and went to an exhibition earlier this year in Paris which was amazing. Now, where to wear it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment