30/04/2011

January Jones for Versace


Ok, so Im a pretty big fan of January Jones, having already seen her steal the screen of the entire 4 series of 1950s inspired HBO series 'Mad Men' but I absolutly LOVE her in this Versace campaign. For me this campaign stands out so much more than a lot of adverts, perhaps because something so understatedly beautiful is simply not in demand to the extent of the more 'avant garde' ads.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tim Walker's Mulberry adverts and a Steven Meisel campaign for Louis Vuitton every once in a while but there is something about minimalism which I'm totally drawn to at the moment, emphasising the use of body shape and lighting which does it pour moi!

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree. Refreshingly simple and uncluttered and yet incredibly sensual and sophisticated.
    Stunning. Its like giving your brain a full meal instead of overloading it with party food.

    ReplyDelete